- Do you want to improve your photography skills and knowledge?
- Are you struggling with good compositions?
- Ever wonder what makes a photo great or standout?
- Ever wonder what type of gear you need to be successful like tripods, ballheads, L brackets, filters, bags, etc…?
- Are you looking to improve the skills you already have and take them to a higher level?
- While driving are you tired of listening to music and news? Try listening to photography podcasts.
- Have you seen a Milkyway shot and wondered how they do that?
- How about creating silky smooth water shots? WARNING- This skill can be very addictive
- What type of SD cards do I need?
- What lenses or gear should I purchase?
When I first started my photography experience, I always wished for someone I could bounce off my questions to. I did quite a bit of Google and YouTube searches and this did help.
As I met people in the industry and was able to associate and ask questions, this is where my bulk of knowledge came from. In the classes I offer, your success depends on your willingness to learn and bring all the questions you may have. If I don’t know an answer, we will figure it out together.
I offer a few series of classes based on your level of expertise.
$ 150 Per Class
Someone who is just starting out and wants to gain more knowledge of a camera and functions.
Maybe you just need some direction where to start.
You do not need to own an expensive camera to be in this class. Cell phone cameras are fine too.
My goal is to help with compositions and framing a great shot
Please ask lots of questions! That is how you learn.
$ 150 Per Class
Someone who has been shooting for awhile and is stuck and just needs a boost.
In this class I will help get you out of "AUTO" and get you into the more creative "MANUAL" mode
I will be pushing you pretty hard to do on-your-own study time and practice.
I will show techniques on using a tripod and ballhead.
I will provide a list of Podcasts and people to follow on social media to give you inspiration.
$ 150 Per Class
Someone who has been shooting in manual mode, knows the camera menus well.
In this class I will go over some of the latest techniques on what the Pros are doing.
I will be teaching techniques on how to get creative
We will also be learning some more advanced Photoshop Luminosity masking that will take your photography to a whole new level.
We will also be learning about some powerful plugins like Lumenzia and Nik Color FX
This class will be tailored to what you want to improve on.
Recommended Computer Specs
- Extra space for new hard drives and additional components
- A large hard drive, at least 1Tb
- Intel I7, or AMD Ryzen 7 processor
- Graphics card with 2gb Ram
- 16gb Ram
- 4K monitor, full-spectrum sRGB
Using Lightroom for RAW image processing can make a substantial difference in your photos. What is the difference between JPEG & Raw??
Whether you’re a seasoned user or brand new, I will walk you through the proper workflow and techniques to help make you successful
Before beginning this class I highly recommend subscribing to Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop. With a monthly cost of $9.99,
Lightroom not only helps with editing but is also a great way to catalog all of your images.
A good computer is an investment to your success.
Using a slow computer will be frustrating. I use a 27″ iMac. Windows-based computers work great too. We will discuss backup solutions for photos in class.
We will touch on a bit of Photoshop techniques depending on class ability.
At the end of this class series, the goal is to become proficient in Lightroom. Be prepared for some homework!